Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer Wish List



One great way to organize your spending this summer is to create a list of things you really really want. Over time (ex: the summer), you add to it and subtract from it what you really want. By the time school rolls around you will have all your money saved up and will be ready for some back to school shopping. Mind you, you do not have to save it for this time, you can save it for the middle of the summer maybe as a reward or pick-me-up to keep going. The reason it is a reward or happens only once a season is because these things are the more expensive items you've had your eye on for a long time. Personally, I like to spend in the middle of the summer because even after spending all of this money, you still get to see your bank account add up rather then go down (and stay down for the rest of the school year, assuming you don't have a job). If you are planning on having a job during the school year, then the time in which you want to spend your money is completely up to you!

Because I am obsessed with making lists for everything, I usually have a list for something year-round. This means that your wish list doesn't have to be limited to just the summer time, you can have a school wish list, winter wish list, etc. If you keep your lists it's great for when Christmas time rolls around and you have to decide what you would like as a present! It keeps you organized and makes it easier for your present giver when they are shopping.

This is my summer wish list as an example:

Sarah's Summer Wish List:

Car (I really wish...)
Really nice DSLR camera
Boots- long brown & combat
Bookbag (Urban Outfitters)
Watch
Material
Purse



I know it may not look like much, but if I were to buy these things all at once, I would be out half of my summers earnings. Buying them over a long period of time gives you the illusion that you are spending less, but in reality you are spending the same amount of money, you just don't get to see that huge chunk leave all at once. SO...what I will most likely do is spend on the top two items I really really want, then save the rest for Christmas time. I know it may seem like a long time to wait, but trust me- good things come to those who wait. (In cheap person talk, that means it might go on sale!)

No comments:

Post a Comment