Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Painting Pleasures: Redoing your ugly university room

My main goal this summer was to redo my room. I don't know what it was, but there was just something about that red, blue, orange and beige combo that just wasn't doin' it for me. So, I began my quest for the perfect shade of white.

Naturally I wanted to get the cheapest paint I could, but after speaking with someone who actually knew what they were doing, I decided against it. It completely paid off too, because I only ended up doing one coat of both the primer and the paint! Trust me if this is ever an option, take it. You do not want to be doing any more coats of paint then you have to.

These are some pictures of what it looked like before:
BEFORE
Yah, something had to be done.
So, I went to work and just started painting.

I've never painted a room by myself before, so it was kinda of exciting figuring it all out. It's really not that hard either. All you need is the time to do it. That was the hardest part for me anyway. Another thing too is if you are in a hurry and under any sort of time constraint, use good paint. Only having to do one coat of each paint will gain you SO much time in the long run.

The way I did it was I would work on my room for a few hours a day (or night), so it took me about 2 or 3 nights to completely finish it. My schedule was still pretty full during that time, so I would dedicate a few hours here and there to painting, and was finished in no time! Mind you, I also had to spend a couple nights in my roommates room, so if you are planning on painting your bedroom, make sure you have somewhere else to sleep. Paint fumes aren't good air fresheners. I was lucky because she was away for the weekend, so I just took her bed. If no one else is gone though, you might have to end up sleeping on the couch. At least your pets might appreciate the company!

And here we have the finished product! Needless to say, it turned out much better then before.
AFTER



X
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment